How to do Keyword Research – Plus Live Examples
In this video I show you EXACTLY how to do keyword research using the Google Adwords keyword tool.
I expose the method I use to research the best and most profitable keywords in one of the most competitive niches on the internet.
Here’s an overview of my method:
1) Go to the Google Keyword Tool here: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
2) Type in your main ‘seed’ keyword (this is the area you want to go into and a keyword or phrase that you think people in your market are searching for).
3) Set your search parameters using the Advanced Options that appear under the main search box. Set them to search for keyphrases that get a minimum of 1500 and a maximum of around 8000 (for beginners).
4) Click Search!
5) Refine the search by checking the ‘Phrase’ match results rather than the ‘Broad’ or ‘Exact’ match.
6) Then start to look at the amount of competition that there is within Google by clicking on the keyword and then setting the search (in Google) to be for phrase match results by adding the speech marks to the search term.
7) Look for a keyword that has between 10,000 and 35,000 competing web pages as a phrase match. Once you’ve found one, you’re good to go!